Friday, Nov. 7, 6:30-11 p.m., the DPC hosts First Frost, a winter kickoff event designed to celebrate the Colorado winter experience.
It will feature winter images from the top photographers in the state, and this formal evening will benefit the educational, forecasting and informational programs of the Colorado Avalanche Information Center (CAIC) as well as the Denver Press Club.
Tickets (http://tinyurl.com/ltekk2g) cost $13 per person and include cocktails and drink specials, a DJ and live music, the photography exhibition, hors d'oeuvres, and door prizes, such as lift tickets, season passes, skis and snowboards. Sponsors include Fast + Free LLC and the Independent Skier Magazine.
Info: Tom Winter, firstname.lastname@example.org
PHOTO CONTEST INFO:
It's open to all Colorado-based photographers, professional and amateur. The subject matter must be winter. Photographers may submit a maximum of three images. Finalists will be invited to showcase their images at the First Frost Image Experience as well as be eligible for the grand prize, a season pass from Loveland Ski Area.
A jury headed by Keri Bascetta, director of photography for Ski and Skiing Magazines, will select finalists and name the grand prize winner.
Contest submission guidelines:
- There is no charge to enter the contest.
- A maximum of 3 images total per photographer.
- Attach your entry form with your submission.
- JPEG file format only, please
- The submission period is from Sept. 15 to 5 p.m. Oct. 7.
- Artists MUST title their JPEG entries with their last name and first initial first, for example: SmithJ_title.jpg. Improperly titled JPEGs will not be accepted.
- JPEGs should not exceed 2.5MB in size and 1,000 pixels on the longest dimension.
- Enter JPEGs via email to email@example.com, email subject title: "First Frost Image Experience".
- The jury will choose finalists, who will be eligible for the grand prize by displaying their work at the First Frost event.
- To be eligible for the grand prize, finalists must have their work printed, framed and ready for display no later than Nov. 6. There will be a six-hour window, from 1-7 p.m. Nov. 6, to drop off finalist images at the Denver Press Club.
- The jury reserves the right to reject any material they deem offensive or which is not submitted in accordance with these guidelines.
- Finalist image selection for the First Frost exhibition will be announced to photographers no later than 5 p.m. Oct. 7.
- Keri Bascetta (above) will head up the jury.
- Jeff Cricco + Scott Cramer - professional photographers who live in Eagle County.
- Jason Blevins - The Denver Post reporter who covers skiing, action sports and the outdoors, from lifestyle to business.
- Jen Rudolph - Oversees marketing and media for Colorado Ski Country USA.
- Andrew Couperthwait - North American product manager for Head Skis.
- Dustin Schafer - Marketing and PR, Loveland Ski Area.